22.11.11

*** animals making a doodoo ***

I will apologize in advance for the content of this blogpost [I suppose some people may find this offensive], but I have a desperate urge to share this information with the virtual world of blog readers out there.  As I have recently moved to London I am currently looking for some form of employment. The friend I am currently living with advised me to seek out opportunities at apple, as apparently their work environment is pretty 'agreeable'. Anyway, after taking action on this suggestion, I promptly got an interview, during which I was sworn to secrecy by a confidentiality agreement/contract.  So I cannot let out any secrets about their recruitment process (which personally I thought was horrific- I'm sure I can say that... right?!).

Anyway, without letting the proverbial cat out of the (equally proverbial) bag, I would like to- by means of an example- portray how awfully I react to the interviewing process: at some stage I had to say something "interesting about myself".  I thought about this long and hard and somehow thought it wise to tell everyone present (here it comes) that I really like to watch animals pooing... I thought nothing of it, but in retrospect when telling friends about this decision, I was met with comments like "there is a time, a place and a crowd for statements like that" and "what on earth possessed you to tell potential employers that you like watching animals take a crap?".  Needless to say I was not hired [retrospectively, thank goodness, it turned out to be a very salesy customer service/ retail position. I figure I did not study for FIVE YEARS to work sales of some cult-like retail store.  This again is besides the point again though...].  My point is that I really really do like watching animals poo.... and I am not particularly ashamed to admit it....

A horse lifts its tail in anticipation, a cat curves its back (in a manner much reflecting something like intense disdain for itself), a fish swims around for at least five minutes with a brown 'string' hanging from its 'lowerds' and my dog for one cannot stand it when you look at him poo- so much so that he will stop and move to somewhere else to continue his business.... How can you not find this interesting?!

As fascinating as I find this, I will refrain from mentioning it at another interview.... For now though, I will share my enthusiasm: here is a tasteless (if I say so myself) video of a horse making a poopoo.

1 comment:

  1. Julia You are too much of funniness!!!
    I laughed soooo much my tummy still hurts.
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete