18.12.10

*** whimsical shit... ***

Today I was doing some frantic last minute christmas shopping before I leave for Germany tomorrow. One thing I dislike intensely about modern society (and for some reason I find this more poignant in the UK) is that the shopping experience is turning into such a monotonous one. All the shops in all the high streets are almost identical: McDonalds, WHSmith, Primark, Poundland, Greggs, Starbucks, Costa Coffee etc etc etc: the list is endless. Also more and more shiny glass malls are sprouting up inbetween the old fashioned builings Europe is lucky to have...

So today when I got out of the subway and a girl handed me a beautifully designed flyer I paid little attention to it, thinking "ag, just some party somewhere... again..." But then I fell for the quaint illustration on it and upon closer inspection I saw it was a flyer for a new shop that had recently opened.

I was very excited to find a "fun and accessible retail platform for indie craft & design- a quirky little cosmos of vintage lifestyle and culture..." called "Maisonette", tucked away in a vibey side street just off Byres Road in Glasgow. If you are a sucker for what I call 'whimsical shit' check it out.


Have a look at their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment